Join a group of like-minded people in the East Village to explore the art of cooking incredibly tasty and healthy food! In these classes, you will learn a variety of dishes, flavors, utensils, smells, textures, and colors to make your life better. And you'll most certainly walk away finding your kitchen a more comfortable, useful, and inspiring place, no matter who you are! This approach is based on the SVA Ayurveda tradition, a 5,000-year-old lineage of holistic medicine that comes from India. It applies to practically any style of cooking, culture, or circumstance.
Intro Classes | Seasonal Cooking | Other Classes | Testimonials
These are one-session classes that introduce you to the art of making delicious easy-to-make vegetarian meals based on SVA Ayurveda. You will gain a basic understanding of:
- Principles of what makes food healthy or not for you.
- An overview of how to use spices and make spice mixtures.
- An introduction into making entrées, soups, desserts, teas, and grain dishes.
- The secrets of making sure your food is easy to digest and assimilate.
- Tips on applying Ayurvedic principles to any type of cuisine.
- Resources to support you in accessing optimal food choices in the grocery store or at restaurants
Each class will combine discussion, participatory cooking demonstrations, and ends with a delicious meal for everyone! As Ayurveda aligns health with the rhythm of the seasons, our intro cooking classes change focus seasonally.
Intro Class – Winter Menu
1. Ginger Tea
2. Apple Muffins
3. Homemade Cheese Paneer
4. Green Cabbage and Kale
5. Rice with Shredded Carrots and Coconut
6. Cilantro Cashew Chutney
7. Stewed Apple for Morning Detox
* Classes are vegan and gluten-free friendly. Please notify us upon registering if you have this need.
DATES, TIMES & FINE PRINT:
Classes are generally available Monday & Wednesday from 6-9pm and Saturday & Sunday from 3-6pm. Three hours is indicated because there is a meal afterwards and people tend to stay over that long. Classes are subject to availability. You must RSVP ahead of time. We recommend registering 1-3 weeks in advance. If someone cancels their registration within 24 hours, they may reschedule or apply the purchase value to another Bhagavat Life event or service. Bhagavat Life does not offer refunds.
All classes take place at our location: 25 1st Ave 5th Floor. Enter the building through the Bhakti Center main doors.
One Person: $100
Two People: $160 instead of $200 (20% off)
If you aleady have a voucher to attend one of our Intro To Vegetarian Cooking simply email us at email@example.com to register.
Intro Classes | Seasonal Cooking|Other Classes | Testimonials
Seasonal Cooking Classes
May Theme: Cooking for Spring Detoxing
For this series of hands-on cooking classes, we will be focusing on the theme of spring detox. Aside from seeing the trees going green and the flowers blooming, the spring season is a great time to let our bodies rest and detox. This is a time where our micro-circulatory channels naturally soften and expand, making the release of toxins much easier.
Come discover a whole load of new recipes that include such elements as: dark leafy greens; vegetable entrees that support the liver, kidneys, and colon; spices that help unblock our energy channels and chakras; tonifying soups; smoothies; chutneys; and Khichari, a centerpiece of Ayurvedic nutritional healing.
Topics for discussion include:
- Preparing the physical and vibrational channels for detox
- What are toxins?
- When detoxification can become re-toxification
- Detox Routine - daily, weekly, monthly, annually
- The 7 body tissues and what foods clean them
- Home Detox Protocol - gradual, gentle, and effective cleansing without side effects
Tuesdays, May 23rd & May 30th, or Sundays, May 14 & May 21, 6pm - 9pm
$125 for one session, $225 for both.
Intro Classes | Seasonal Cooking |Other Classes | Testimonials