Join a group of like-minded people in the East Village to explore the art of cooking incredibly tasty and healthy food! In these classes, you will learn a variety of dishes, flavors, utensils, smells, textures, and colors to make your life better. And you'll most certainly walk away finding your kitchen a more comfortable, useful, and inspiring place, no matter who you are! This approach is based on the SVA Ayurveda tradition, a 5,000-year-old lineage of holistic medicine that comes from India. It applies to practically any style of cooking, culture, or circumstance.
Intro Classes | Seasonal Cooking | Other Classes | Testimonials | Gallery
These are one-session classes that introduce you to the art of making delicious easy-to-make vegetarian meals based on SVA Ayurveda. You will gain a basic understanding of:
- Principles of what makes food healthy or not for you.
- An overview of how to use spices and make spice mixtures.
- An introduction into making entrées, soups, desserts, teas, and grain dishes.
- The secrets of making sure your food is easy to digest and assimilate.
- Tips on applying Ayurvedic principles to any type of cuisine.
- Resources to support you in accessing optimal food choices in the grocery store or at restaurants
Each class will combine discussion, participatory cooking demonstrations, and ends with a delicious meal for everyone! As Ayurveda aligns health with the rhythm of the seasons, our intro cooking classes change focus seasonally.
Intro Class – Winter Menu
1. Ginger Tea
2. Apple Muffins
3. Homemade Cheese Paneer
4. Green Cabbage and Kale
5. Rice with Shredded Carrots and Coconut
6. Cilantro Cashew Chutney
7. Stewed Apple for Morning Detox
* Classes are vegan and gluten-free friendly. Please notify us upon registering if you have this need.
DATES, TIMES & FINE PRINT:
Classes are generally available Monday & Wednesday from 6-9pm and Saturday & Sunday from 3-6pm. Three hours is indicated because there is a meal afterwards and people tend to stay over that long. Classes are subject to availability. You must RSVP ahead of time. We recommend registering 1-3 weeks in advance. If someone cancels their registration within 24 hours, they may reschedule or apply the purchase value to another Bhagavat Life event or service. Bhagavat Life does not offer refunds.
All classes take place at our location: 25 1st Ave 5th Floor. Enter the building through the Bhakti Center main doors.
One Person: $100
Two People: $160 instead of $200 (20% off)
If you aleady have a voucher to attend one of our Intro To Vegetarian Cooking simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Intro Classes | Seasonal Cooking|Other Classes | Testimonials | Gallery
Seasonal Cooking Classes
Healthy Holiday Cooking:
This fall impress your friends and family by hosting a delicious, and healthy vegetarian friendly dinner with multiple courses! Our experienced Ayurvedic chefs have carefully curated a perfect fall themed menu that will awaken your inner chef and leave your senses wanting more. In these fun one of a kind hands-on class series you will gain understanding of how to use fresh seasonal ingredients, and the importance of spices in each dish. These classes will not only broaden your horizon when it comes to preparing healthy festive dishes but they will leave you satisfied and revitalized. Some of the dishes you will be learning are; pecan wild rice pilaf, savory mini-pies, cheese cutlets, variety of sauces, and of course a sweet potato pie with a crust from scratch!
- By the end of the class students will gain confidence in planning a successful fall dinner with a deep understanding of seasonal ingredients and how to utilize spices.
- Feel confident in various cooking techniques, including baking, sautéing, and how to make fresh cheese.
- Learn how to create a piecrust from scratch!
- Be comfortable working in a kitchen by staying organized and "thinking ahead" kind of mentality.
Tuesday, November 22nd & November 29th, 6pm - 9pm
Sunday, November 20th & Saturday December 3rd, 3pm - 6pm
$125 for one session, $225 for both.
Healthy Festive Eggless Baking:
Some of us are afraid of heights, others dread dentists, but most of us fear baking. So, join us for an entertaining class aimed at transforming your fears into inspiration and skills to make baking practical and delecious for you.
- Gain confidence in baking tools and techniques
- Learn both savory and sweet baking dishes, appetizers, mains and gluten-free dessert options.
- Learn about different kinds of flours available in the market and which ones to avoid
- Learn how to make pie crust from scratch
Tuesday, December 6th & December 13th, 6pm - 9pm
$125 for one session, $225 for both.
Intro Classes | Seasonal Cooking |Other Classes | Testimonials | Gallery