These are one-session classes that introduce you to the art of making delicious easy-to-make vegetarian meals based on Ayurveda. You will gain a basic understanding of:
Each class will combine discussion, participatory cooking demonstrations, and ends with a delicious meal for everyone! As Ayurveda aligns health with the rhythm of the seasons, our intro cooking classes change focus seasonally.
Intro Class – Winter Menu
1) Ginger Tea
2) Hardy Vegetable Soup
3) Wholesome Spelt Biscuits
4) Steamed Kale Salad
5) Yam Smoothie w/ Fresh Almond Milk
6) How to make Fresh Almond Mlik
DATES, TIMES & FINE PRINT
Classes are generally available Monday & Wednesday from 6-9pm and Saturday & Sunday from 11-2pm. Three hours is indicated because there is a meal afterwards and people tend to stay over that long. Classes are subject to availability. You must RSVP ahead of time. We recommend registering 1-3 weeks in advance. If someone cancels their registration within 24 hours, they may reschedule or apply the purchase value to another Bhagavat Life event or service. Bhagavat Life does not offer refunds.
All classes take place at our location: 25 1st Ave 5th Floor. Enter the building through the Bhakti Center main doors.
Cooking classes that are small-group and completely hands-on! See details below for the next available series.
Spring is about rejuvenation, opening up our bodies and letting go of the winter’s accumulated wastes and weight. It’s about awakening our cells to welcome the healing heat and light of the sun.
Spring is also Kapha season, the season for detoxifying your body to restore the equilibrium of water and earth energies that lubricate and nurture your body; Kapha.
In these cooking classes you'll learn delicious and easy-to-make dishes that unlock all these great forces of nature. We'll work creatively with bitter, pungent and astringent foods, and all nuances of greens, to create a wide variety of soups, drinks, appetizers, entrees, salads and desserts that are so tasty you’ll forget they're detoxifying!
Featured dishes include:
• Moringa soup
• Springtime Khichari
• Probiotic papadam
• Asparagus & daikon radish for kidney detox
• Green protein
• Rehydrating drink
• Lauki & beets for blood purification
• Acid-reducing drink
• Tamarind date chutney
• Bitter melon & taro “fries” for liver detox
• Cilantro chutney
• And MANY more - over 30 dishes!
In this series we will also cover:
• The 4 types of toxins and why you want to get rid of them
• How to prepare for detox; what changes to incorporate into your diet and lifestyle long-term
• The role that circulatory channels - physical and vibrational - play in toxicity, detox and overall health
• Daily diet and lifestyle suggestions for Spring
Tuesday's April 15th, 29th & May 13th - - -Tuesday classes held from 6-9pm
Sunday's April 20th, May 4th & 18th- - -Sunday classes held from 4-7pm
* All classes for this series are unique, with a Tuesday or Sunday scheduling options.
**You can come to any class, and learn fully. There is a continuity among the classes, but each class is complete in itself.
One class - $125
Two classes - $225
Three classes - $275
* All classes are small and come with materials, a hands on cooking lesson covering 8-10 dishes, and a complete meal.